Saturday, January 4, 2014

Skinny Jeans and Titchy Threads!

Back in August, Titchy Threads had a huge sew along for her free Small Fry Skinny Jeans pattern. The pattern only came in size 2T. Ugh. Jenna needs a 3T and she's my smallest. I REALLY wished she could fit her booty into 2T, but she's like her momma and has too much junk in her trunk. I sulked and got over it. I accepted that I'd never be able to sew my kids a pair of Small Fry Skinny Jeans.


But then... CALL FOR TESTERS! Titchy Threads is expanding the available sizes for this pattern! JACKPOT! I wanted skinny jeans for my 5 year old son! He's got skinny legs and not that many jeans in his wardrobe. I got selected! {Insert a happy dance here!}



First of all, sizing on this new pattern is fantastic! It starts at 0-3 months and goes up to 12 years! This pattern is packed with options: full or half fly, adjustable waistband (yes, button hole elastic), detailed top stitching or not, and a version for SHORTS! Summer is coming... shorts season is just around the bend!



My son has several blue denim washes in his pants drawer, so I decided to go with black (also, I already had black stretch denim in my fabric stash). This pattern tapes together beautifully! The pieces are easy to trace and include notches and grain line markings! It's a very professional pattern that both beginners and advanced sewists (I used a fancy word!) alike with enjoy.



One thing to take into account is that this pattern is not a quick sew. The details are simply amazing, but those details take TIME! The pattern comes with multiple options. You can have a full zipper fly or a half fly (mine are the half fly with no zipper). You can add inset pouch pockets with a coin pocket option or you can do front patch pockets like I did. You can do top stitching on the waistband or complete a version without it (I did without for my test pair). It has details and tutorials for flat felled seams and button hole elastic. My son is SKINNY! We don't buy pants off the rack unless they have adjustable waistbands! These pants have the adjustable waistband included! YAY! {Insert another happy dance!}



With this pattern, you can use the solid neutral fabric for the main fabric. It's safe. It matches everything. Then add those pops of color for the contrasting fabrics hidden inside the pockets and the waistband! I decided to add a pop of color with Illustration Ink's Dots in Red designed for Robert Kaufman. It adds a little super hero touch to my little man's wardrobe. You gotta love super hero allusions! You can JUST see the red peeking out from behind those front patch pockets.


 Keep watch for these pants to hit the scene some time this next week! Follow Titchy Threads or sign up to follow me by e-mail over on the right of the screen. ;) Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job with these jeans Erica. Your son looks pretty happy with them too. Thanks so much for your help with testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric design of your pant is good. Click this link to get more designs in weaver textile ....: https: //www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete