Friday, November 1, 2013

The Candy Waltz Pattern Collection

Once again, Candy Castle Patterns got me all excited with her new patterns. Yes, that's right, patterns with an S!!!! This newest release is a 3 pack! It's ballet themed set with the names of the patterns all inspired by The Nutcracker play. The collection is The Candy Waltz Collection.



You're going to love these! I used chiffon (my first experience with this stuff) for my skirt. I should have practiced more and read up on it more. I ruined the first cut of fabric and had to re-cut... It's a good thing I buy more than I need! But you can make this skirt with voile, satin, silk, and even knit! I love that there is 2 styles of the waistband, using a separate knit or the doubled-over skirt fabric. This skirt is called the Sugar Plum Fairy Skirt and comes in sizes 3 months through 16yr PLUS Ladies (X)XS and SM/M!!!




The Candy Wrapper Vest is probably my favorite of the collection! This is a cropped sweater that wraps around the front and can tie in the back or around again and in the front. There are 3 options for the ties and you can use MANY types of fabric, including knit, stretch suede, faux fur, stretchy lace, or anything else you can dream up! This pattern includes the same children's sizes through 16yr but also adds ladies up to size large! I think I need one of these! I'm already planning a matching vest to go over Christmas dresses! This pattern is perfect for that!


Lastly is the Licorice Bits Legwarmers! Are these names fun or what!?!?! If you sew, you're going to LOVE these! They sew up so quickly!!! I did the regular version for Jenna. She loves them! She did not want to take them off! She spilled juice on the skirt but still wanted to wear the vest and legwarmers (she calls them warm leggers!) to big Sissy's concert band performance later that night! We got quite a few compliments are her ensemble! (And if you're wondering... the leggings she's wearing are LilyGiggle Petunia Petal Pants without the petals! I NEEDED black leggings and didn't have any!) Other options for the legwarmers include ruched and instructions for adding ribbon ties. I used regular polar fleece and then a lycra/cotton knit (for the bands) for mine. The legwarmers are perfect for babies! Think about those little legs this coming winter... you can't keep a blanket on the infant seat and those little legs just kick, kick, kick it off! Or if you're like me, you use a sling or wrap and their legs are usually out in most of the positions. These legwarmers are great for keeping those legs warm! These would be perfect stocking stuffers or quick gifts this holiday season! These have the same sizing as the Candy Wrapper Vest, so ladies get a size too!



Whether you buy the full collection or just one of the patterns, this one is sure to be a staple in your winter wardrobe! Head on over to Craftsy and check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment