Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's ANNA! {New Pattern Release}

Once again, Megan of Made for Mermaids has out done herself! This time, she's tackled Disney's new movie, Frozen. The first of her Frozen patterns is Anna. I was LUCKY to get chosen to test this weekend! (Okay, I was little more than lucky, I was super excited and wanted to jump up and down when she said I was in! YAHOO!!!!!) A little birdy tells me Elsa is next on the list... Shh!!! Don't tell anyone!



One problem... I don't have an embroidery machine. IF you do, she gives you links to an awesome bodice design and the floral design for the skirt. She also provides some amazing templates if you want to paint your bodice. I suck at painting fabric. Really, it's bad. We're not even going to go there... I left my bodice blank. I still love it!


The dress has a zipper closure in the back. The bodice can be done in a variety of fabrics. I did mine in corduroy for the cooler weather we have right now. I trimmed my bodice in an iridescent ric rac for contrast, but many of the more true Anna dresses had gold trim.


The bodice is fully lined and directions for the zipper are very clear! If you've never done a zipper on a dress (writer raises her hand), don't let that stop you! I've done zippers on bags time and time again... but this was my first on a garment! (My second came the next day! But that's a post for later this week...)


The blouse underneath is a separate piece! This is great because you can use it for other outfits or change out multiple colors! The long sleeves are perfect for that winter theme! I love the elastic for easier dressing with little wriggly princesses.


I also made cotton velour leggings to keep her warm during this photo shoot... then you can barely see them in the pics! But it helped to keep her warm! I love the length of the dress! It's perfect for the Anna look!


So head on over to Made for Mermaids (on Facebook, Etsy, and Craftsy!) and grab your pattern! There's still time to get one of these sewn up and under the tree for your little Frozen fan! Hurry! Get $2 off if you buy before Monday! If you buy on Craftsy, use code ANNAFROZEN. If you buy from Etsy, the price is already adjusted! HURRY!

2 comments: