Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Lacy Slope Hooded Shirt Pattern Add-on

I rarely get to sew for my oldest daughter. She's 14 and wears women's size XS/SM. When GreenStyle Creations started calling for testers for a hood and sleeve add-on to the Lacy Slope Tank, I jumped! This was exactly the style my oldest loves. She was very excited when I got selected to test!

This shirt can be sewn in many fabrics, but my daughter dove into my stash and came with this stripe from Riley Blake. Then I hit print on the pattern and started cutting out pieces. Everything but the cuff extensions is included in the printed pieces. There's a chart for the cuffs early in the pattern. These pieces went together very well. The hood can be constructed with a french seam or a regular seam. I chose a french seam. Confession: It was my first time! The directions are very easy to follow. This shirt was very quickly to assemble! I used a stretch stitch and my serger for everything except the top stitching. However, if using a knit with some spandex in it, you could construct this top without a serger! What a bonus for those without one (I didn't have one for years!).

Without further adieu...

Notice the wide neckline. My daughter LOVES that feature. The hood is very generous and works perfectly with her very thick hair. She even tried it on last night with a sock bun hair style and it still fit!


Now check out those thumb holes! My daughter LOVES her fingerless gloves but doesn't wear them until much later, like deep into winter! This style is perfect! Since the cuff is just two layers of knit, it's not too hot but still keeps palms warm for these cooler fall mornings when she's waiting to catch the bus. 


Check out that slope! This top, just like the tank since it is an add-on to the tank pattern, is higher in the front and lower in the back. Again, my daughter LOVES this feature! And yes, you can see her cami  peeking out underneath. She wears camis with everything. Everything. So that's why I made this just a little big. She could probably wear an XS in this pattern, but she wanted to layer it and she prefers looser fitting clothes. This pattern comes in 3 lengths. This is the shortest. 



So hood up or down, it's a cute top! I want one! Oh, and she had SO much fun with this photo shoot... she gives this top a thumbs up!


Now that you LOVE this top on my gorgeous little Morgan, go get yourself one! If you already have the tank pattern, grab the add-on to make this shirt. If you don't have the tank, this shirt is available by itself! Click HERE! There's no need to buy 2 patterns! YAY! 

The Lacy Slope Hooded T-Shirt is now Available on GreenStyle Creations's website. It's available in sizes XS through 3XL! The full pattern includes the Hooded T-Shirt and the original Tank Top. The Add-On Pack is just the Pattern pieces for the sleeve and hood and the instructions for the the T-Shirt. Get them now while they are on sale! HURRY! This just listed sale won't last long!


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I can't find a contact page/email address - I am posting a pattern review for this pattern and wanted to link to yours as well. Please let me know if you're okay with that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete