Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Grace Top and Dress by Made for Mermaids

Let me tell you about the Grace! If you haven't tried this pattern, you need to!!! Sized from 1/2 to girls 14, it fits nearly every girl in your sewing field of vision (unless you're like me and your friend just had a newborn... then you'll have to wait just a little bit.).



The best part about this dress is those sleeves. Sigh. They're just so... so... elegant... wistful... dreamy... I love them! Now this comes in both dress and top lengths, but I made the top length. I also used this beautiful Glow Voile by Amy Butler for Freespirit Fabrics that I got from Bee Quilted Beauties.

 This sash can be tied in the front or back depending on how your little one likes to wear it. Now let's talk about those sleeves. They truly are what make this pattern gorgeous. They do take time! I spent a good chunk of time folding and pressing and folding and pressing to get that beautiful hem. 



This dress can be truly wonderful with all those finishing touches included in the Grace pattern. Choose understitching instead of topstitching to secure those seams but keep a clean neckline. You can even fully enclose the bodice with a handstitched seam if you're up to it! I decided I was up to it! Done in voile, this top is so soft and comfy, even on the inside, that she wears it all the time! 



Now run, don't walk, over to Made for Mermaids and check out the Grace along with all those other wonderful summer patterns! Jenna happens to be wearing a pair of Lucy Ruffle Shorts in these photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment