Monday, August 31, 2015

Picture Day... And A Minnie Mouse Party!


My girls LOVES princesses and Minnie Mouse. For her 5th birthday, she had a Minnie Mouse party. So while testing the Olivia Bloomers and Pantaloons for Made for Mermaids (seriously, the easiest an fastest you will ever sew), I made Jenna's party dress, the Minnie Mouse Tunic also from Made for Mermaids. She LOVES this dress. It doesn't itch one bit, which is more than we can say for the Minnie costume she has from the store... yes, we buy those too.



So here was the party. The kids helped make the gift bags and the ears. I used a tutorial from The Suburban Mom to sort of make mine. I skipped the felt and just did them all with foam. I also bought black headbands instead of covering some. Then we cut out foam bows. And do be careful with your glue gun... those suckers get hot!



So where does picture day come into this blog? I'm getting there. Jenna has picture day tomorrow. Tomorrow. I have known this since last week, but I've been busy. So I opened her closet and cheerfully suggested she choose a pretty dress for picture day tomorrow. Her face lit up! She knew just what she wanted to wear! She grabbed her Minnie Tunic and said "THIS!" Umm, not what I had in mind... but she did choose something mama made! So she's wearing outfit to school pictures. It should be interesting! And if you're in love with this dress... it's on Etsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment