Friday, May 17, 2013

Hello Out There!

First post! What should I say? I really don't like firsts where I'm on stage. I don't like the first day of classes when I have to bore my students by reading the syllabus. It's NOT my favorite class. I guess I should tell you about myself...

My name is Erica. I am owner/designer/midnight-crafter for Lollipops & Paisley. I'm wife to a wonderful husband and mother to three children. My oldest is 14 and followed by a 4 year old and 2 and half year old. I'll introduce the kids more in later posts. (Hey, I've got you looking forward to something now!) Here's a photo of me from Mother's Day.



I love to create. I've been sewing more than just to shorten my pants (I'm 5 foot 2 inches) since I was pregnant with baby number two, so a little over five years now! Wow, where did the time go? I started with diapers because I was determined to cloth diaper (and did even with two in cloth there for awhile!). Then I started adding cute shirts and fleece bottoms to my sewing projects. I picked up knitting and crochet. I started doing more complicated patterns both with my knitting and sewing.

This summer, I decided to not buy any more clothes for my littlest (let's face it, the smallest gets more sewn for her because her size requires less fabric) for this summer. I started making outfit after outfit and sharing on Facebook. People LOVED what I was making. Everyone said I should start a store. That's how I got here.

So where do I want to go with all this? I'm not quite sure. Right now, my life centers quite a bit around the kids and their schedules. I think I want this business to be something for me, something for after they go to school and are no loner home with me all day. Maybe this can replace my adjunct teaching income? The sky is the limit! Oh... and check me out on Etsy and Facebook. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment